[SOLVED] Thoughts on this parts list

langaler

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
After a lot of help from some of you guys in different areas on here and the availability of parts for building I have come up with a list of parts. Pcpartpicker says it a 309w system so I went with a 550w power supply. If you think I should upgrade that to a 650w one I can do that. Also I show win10 as an OS but I think I can get it off the internet instead of ordering it. My son who is mostly a console player wanted a computer to play WOW and few other games that don't come on a console. So with that in mind it is very doubtful he will upgrade it but I hope it last him for a few years. I think some of the parts are a little overkill for the games he wants to play but I want them to last for a while. The monitor is a Dell 24 inch at 1080p - 60hz with the thought of upgrading to a 1440 when the money becomes available. Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated and many thanks in advance. Link is a couple of places down in reply to Lutfig.

Last edited:
Solution
for gaming I'd still get something stronger than a 1050ti. It's a mid range card. You have a strong cpu with a weaker gpu. Which is backwards for a gaming build.

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to hit the BB button towards the top of the parts list and then copy the code, then paste it in the thread. As it stands the link doesn't work for me. It does by it's showing me my list of parts for a prior build.

langaler

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
Wait, i just saw what you are spending on that 1050ti. What's going on?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/sear...ap=Y&msclkid=7ee701ad3ae21d60e3a261e8188ee1dd

Might want to look around.

I also didn't know prices were this bad. This is crazy.

none of those are available ..for sure that is the price they should be. I thought I was lucky to even find a half way decent card. When I added that card it was 299.99 so you can see the scalping going on. They say that some are on the way in a couple weeks is the only reason I haven't ordered already. We will see.