Jun 8, 2018
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: MSI geforce gtx 1060 6gt oc
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB 2666Mhz
SSD: Kingston A400 120GB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB
Power Supply: Corsair CX550M
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400
Motherboard: at the moment I'm thinking of getting a MSI B350M Tomahawk however if you have any better suggestions please let me know.

This build + a case fan cost 850 euros in The Netherlands. I'd like to keep it around that price range (for the people who suggest other parts).

PuperHacker

Honorable
Your system is fine, yet I have some suggestions:
- Get higher frequency RAM (e.g. 3000Mhz) if possible, as R5 tend to benefit from this
- Get a better quality PSU. The cx550m isn't the best you can do. Instead, I'd say remove the SSD and accumulate a sum to get a good 600w 80+ gold PSU.
- You don't really need a cheap SSD that is barely gonna hold your necessary software. You can add a 256gb ssd later. Trust me you won't regret it.

Jun 8, 2018

Isn’t a 120GB ssd enough to install windows?
Also if you had to choose between a B350M Tomahawk and a B350 Gaming Pro, which one would you go for?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
3200MHz is as high as any of those B350 support, so since Ryzen do respond better to higher speed ram, 3000/3200 is good to aim for, but 2666MHz will work fine.

There are no decent 600w psus. Gold or otherwise.
You can run that 1060 on a 430w psu all day long. As long as that CXM is the new style (Black and Silver) not the older blocky green lettering (the M version was mostly European based modular version of the CX 550) then that's fine too, it's decent for the price.

Nothing wrong with the Tomahawk, it was one of the first boards by MSI that could really take advantage of high speed ram, many of its lower ranked cousins were getting stuck at 2933MHz when Ryzen was first introduced. Bios upgrades with Ryzen cpus are important for bug fixes, ram compatability etc.

To take advantage of ability of the mobo, cpu, gpu in today's games, 16Gb of ram is recommended. 8G will work, it's the minimum recommendation, but if the system has need of more than @7Gb, it'll start using virtual ram created on the ssd/hdd, which can kill fps/load times etc.

Very nice case.

DSzymborski

Titan

Just to quibble obnoxiously, there *is* a SeaSonic Titanium 600W! Not that I'd recommend it for this build.

It is kind of weird that there are so few good PSUs at exactly the 600W spec. But a ton at 550 and 650.

Jun 8, 2018

Thanks for the info, I’ll definitely consider getting RAM with 3000Mhz. I read that RAM prices are pretty high at the moment compared to a year ago so hopefully the prices will drop when I buy the parts. If they do drop then I could go for a 16GB 3000Mhz RAM