[SOLVED] Thoughts on this?

haydenr34

Prominent
Jan 9, 2021
https://www.pccasegear.com/products/52885/pccg-evolv-3080-gaming-system

Before anyone says 'just build it yourself', I'm pretty lazy and the last time I attempted to build my own computer it turned into a boondoggle I'm looking to spend about 5-6k in AUD and I'll be playing FPS games at a pretty high level. Despite the usual 'cheaper to pick parts and build yourself' comments, is this a bad prebuild? Any alternatives for my price range?

Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit for Language

Last edited by a moderator:

haydenr34

Prominent
Jan 9, 2021
Access denied.

I don't understand why this happens with PC Case Gear links lol. This is the build, cost $5599 AUD.

Intel Core i9 10900K Processor
NZXT Kraken X53 240mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Ultra Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Xtreme 10GB graphics card
32GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz memory
500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD
2TB Samsung 870 QVO SSD
2TB Seagate Barracuda hard drive
Super Flower Leadex III Pro ARGB 850W Power Supply Black
Corsair QL120 ARGB 120mm 3 Pack with Lighting Node Core Black
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Black case
Windows 10

Yip not to shabby, it is a premium gaming build and of course you are paying for someone to build it for you but on the whole you could do a lot worse for sure.

Always by Pre-builts check that the processor, GPU and RAM are what was ordered as sometimes they "forget" to put in the 3080 and use a 3070 instead..... the case is not the best for airflow but maybe a mesh front is available in Aus.

The power supply is pretty good, they used to build for EVGA and can even hold it's own with a Seasonic of similar class.

If you have the cash I would go for it.

haydenr34

Prominent
Jan 9, 2021
Yip not to shabby, it is a premium gaming build and of course you are paying for someone to build it for you but on the whole you could do a lot worse for sure.

Always by Pre-builts check that the processor, GPU and RAM are what was ordered as sometimes they "forget" to put in the 3080 and use a 3070 instead..... the case is not the best for airflow but maybe a mesh front is available in Aus.

The power supply is pretty good, they used to build for EVGA and can even hold it's own with a Seasonic of similar class.

If you have the cash I would go for it.

Wow, some companies really try and do that? I can see their mindset now.. "this guy is buying a prebuilt, must be a noob and won't notice if we use lower quality parts". That's disgusting, damn.

Thanks for your opinion mate.

Wow, some companies really try and do that? I can see their mindset now.. "this guy is buying a prebuilt, must be a noob and won't notice if we use lower quality parts". That's disgusting, damn.

Thanks for your opinion mate.
I agree with the above about this build.
6-7 years ago,i took my pc to a local pc service for cleaning and software maintenance,they swapped out the ram gpu and mobo...

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/52885/pccg-evolv-3080-gaming-system

Before anyone says 'just build it yourself', I'm pretty lazy and the last time I attempted to build my own computer it turned into a boondoggle I'm looking to spend about 5-6k in AUD and I'll be playing FPS games at a pretty high level. Despite the usual 'cheaper to pick parts and build yourself' comments, is this a bad prebuild? Any alternatives for my price range?

Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit for Language
Only issue I have is the CPU cooler. It will work well enough under average use for most people, but under high loads the 240mm cooler will see its limit and it's possible you could encounter thermal throttling by the CPU in order to survive. The Evolve X case can fit a 280mm or 360mm cooler up top. You're buying an expensive, extremely power hungry CPU and it should have the best cooling solution the builder can fit in the case. It appears the builder may have replaced the stock Phantek case fans for Corsair RGB fans. The money would've been better spent on a bigger cooler that could potentially help performance but instead they chose to give you rainbow vomit (RGB). Just my opinion.

Another forum has told me that this would be a BETTER option performance wise AND it's cheaper.
https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/ready-to-run-pcs/gaming-pc/75200-ss-veng3080

Any thoughts? Why is it so much cheaper? Only major difference I can see is the i9 10850k instead of the i9 10900k in the first build.

It is due to the GPU, while the GPU is the Gigabyte it is the Gaming OC (their more basic model) and the other is the Extreme OC one with the fancy OSD on the side. Will you notice a massive difference........ aahhhh no unless you are an OC hunter.

The CPU in the first has aboost of 5.3 the second goes to 5.2.......Will you notice a massive difference........ aahhhh no. Not unless you want 148 fps instead of 142......

So a few litle things like that make the second build not QUITE as premium as the first one but 800 dollars better? no not in my book. They are both very nice setups and will give you a lot of fun.

Reactions: haydenr34

haydenr34

Prominent
Jan 9, 2021
It is due to the GPU, while the GPU is the Gigabyte it is the Gaming OC (their more basic model) and the other is the Extreme OC one with the fancy OSD on the side. Will you notice a massive difference........ aahhhh no unless you are an OC hunter.

The CPU in the first has aboost of 5.3 the second goes to 5.2.......Will you notice a massive difference........ aahhhh no. Not unless you want 148 fps instead of 142......

So a few litle things like that make the second build not QUITE as premium as the first one but 800 dollars better? no not in my book. They are both very nice setups and will give you a lot of fun.
Thank you man. So if you were choosing between the two personally, go for the Scorptec one?

haydenr34

Prominent
Jan 9, 2021
I prefer the Phanteks case, but the Corsair is not tooo awful, I am not aware if a mesh front panel is available for it. They are preety wrm components so good airflow is important. Here is a review.......

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcZjwpH8cEY

But yes I would go for the Scorptec one if it was my money, you are getting 90-95% of the other one for 800 less, no-brainer really.

Cool, thank you! The case is really off putting me.