Thoughts on upgradibility/ PC build?

adiec

Honorable

no problem with the gpu card length and having to remove drive bays ? i have only just awoken so i'm unsure . just wondering because of all the storage drives.

edit: my brain is not working haha i cannot work it out from looking at the pictures of the new case . time for a cappuccino !

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
As far as GPU clearance goes, there you might have some trouble.
Your GPU is 298mm long, while your new case supports up to 294mm long GPUs with HDD cage installed. Without HDD cage, you have GPU clearance of 413mm.

But since the HDD cage is modular, it can be installed under ODD bay or at the bottom of the case. You won't get GPU clearance issue if you install your HDD cage at the bottom of the case.

Image with HDD cage at the bottom:
xFileServer.php,qsrc=be-quiet.net,_volumes,_PDM,__products,_bgw06,_bgw06_w_l_5.jpg,awidth=570.pagespeed.ic.1pE7-4jt9f.jpg

Image with HDD cage under ODD bay:
be-quiet-Silent-Base-600-drive-cage-repositioned.jpg

adiec

Honorable

i got his cases muddled up.. but now i may have stumbled upon another problem.. he has four storage drives and only 3 drive bays ? i originally thought he was moving from the be quiet case to the bitfenix . really should not post until i have opened my eyes properly ha .

edit: i'm aware it's not a major issue .. well depending on if the 4 drives the OP has are not filled with crucial data!

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador

Be Quiet! Silent Base 600 comes with 2x 2.5" SSD trays behind MoBo tray. With those, OP can install both of his SSDs behind MoBo tray and his 2x 3.5" HDDs into HDD cage, leaving one 3.5" tray unoccupied.

Image 1:
xFileServer.php,qsrc=be-quiet.net,_volumes,_PDM,__products,_bgw05,_bgw05_w_l_6.jpg,awidth=570.pagespeed.ic.KXWaMJekKC.jpg

Image 2:
be-quiet-silent-base-800-case-cable-management.jpg

case specs: http://www.bequiet.com/en/case/650

TRENDING THREADS