Thowing away mouse (single) clicks?

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Sometimes I've noticed that my newish system:

dim 8300 / 800 fsb / 512 mb / yadda

is throwing away mouse clicks. A single one.

Usually when my downpress and release is too fast.

Before many of you jump the gun on this, this is NOT the double-click
speed that newbies know nothing of. It is a strange penchant for this
system to disregard a SINGLE click that happens too fast.

I am using the POS dell mouse, maybe that's it The basic ball
wheel mouse.

Perhaps a bios update like the dell-updater thing is warning me about?

Thanks!

--
While using is ok, actually /writing/ free software is a disingenuous
activity. You can afford to write software for free only because of

begin 666 smile.gif
M1TE&.#EA#P`/`)$!`````+^_O___`````"'Y! $```$`+ `````/``\```(N
MC V9QY$"X6(@6GGJO0!)+3RA$XDA:&Y6JGXMIX$K%G,8^2EE]G:4?&ID%+Y#
#`0`[
`
end

logan

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

A downpress and release should never be too fast...it should just work.

I would start by trying a new mouse, I recommend Microsoft corded optical
mice. I tried a Microsoft wireless one and it lags so bad it drives me
nuts, maybe those newer ones are ok though?

"Thomas G. Marshall" <tgm2tothe10thpower@replacetextwithnumber.hotmail.com>
wrote in message news:Cs6rc.739$N8.466@nwrdny02.gnilink.net...

> Sometimes I've noticed that my newish system:
>
> dim 8300 / 800 fsb / 512 mb / yadda
>
> is throwing away mouse clicks. A single one.
>
> Usually when my downpress and release is too fast.
>
> Before many of you jump the gun on this, this is NOT the double-click
> speed that newbies know nothing of. It is a strange penchant for this
> system to disregard a SINGLE click that happens too fast.
>
> I am using the POS dell mouse, maybe that's it The basic ball
> wheel mouse.
>
> Perhaps a bios update like the dell-updater thing is warning me about?
>
> Thanks!
>

> --
> While using is ok, actually /writing/ free software is a disingenuous
> activity. You can afford to write software for free only because of
> someone else somewhere actually paying for it. Just say no.

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Sincere apology for the smile.gif, I think I know what happened.

Thomas G. Marshall
<tgm2tothe10thpower@replacetextwithnumber.hotmail.com> coughed up the
following:

"Thomas G. Marshall" wrote:
>Sometimes I've noticed that my newish system:
> dim 8300 / 800 fsb / 512 mb / yadda
>is throwing away mouse clicks. A single one.
>Usually when my downpress and release is too fast.
>
>Before many of you jump the gun on this, this is NOT the double-click
>speed that newbies know nothing of. It is a strange penchant for this
>system to disregard a SINGLE click that happens too fast.
>
>I am using the POS dell mouse, maybe that's it The basic ball
>wheel mouse.
>Perhaps a bios update like the dell-updater thing is warning me about?
>Thanks!

I use a cordless optical rechargeable. I could never go back to the
ol' ball. Optical is really the way to go. They are so cheap now
(corded, but even some models of cordless are pretty low). However I
have found that I still need to use a mouse pad (designed for an
optical, made of plastic with jell-filled wrist rest). People told me
that I could just use the plain ol' top of the desk, but after a
while it wasn't doing the job. But I am glad I go the wrist rest now
anyway.

As far as your clicking problem, I don't know what to say except try
someone else's mouse to see if you still get the same problem. You've
screwed with the settings in control panel\mouse as far as clicking
speed. Time to invest a few bucks in an optical anyway.

Big Mac