THQ is No More, Assets Have Been Sold Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
this is the worst news i've heard since rare got bought out by microsoft... my faith for gaming relies with mostly indie developers now... the big names are churning out games just for profit, and don't dare try something new...

wolley74

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
[citation][nom]ankit0x1[/nom]Koch Media...pls dont ruin our METRO franchise[/citation]

or Saints Row, sadly I see them going downhill, have you seen the games they've had?

fnh

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
[citation][nom]shotgunz[/nom]Sega purchases relic... Does that mean hedgehogs in company of heroes?I hope Sega won't ruin company of heroes.[/citation]

But hedgehogs do exist in COH!

The metal, tank-obstacles one that is.

ipwn3r456

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
I am really looking forward into Metro: Last Night from THQ. And now this happened. As I am an owner of the game Metro 2033, and it was a great game... Hope Koch Media won't ruined the game.

Farewell THQ, you will be missed.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]ankit0x1[/nom]Koch Media...pls dont ruin our METRO franchise[/citation]

I fear the last good things we may remember would be their trailers. God those are excellent, especially for a few that they made with the assistance of at least several hundred local residents.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
sonic hedgehogs graffiti on CoH Tanks damn....

Total War : Warhammer 40K edition.... oh my...
Total War : CoH edition.... oh my....

Assassin creed in south park.... what?

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]shotgunz[/nom]Sega purchases relic... Does that mean hedgehogs in company of heroes?I hope Sega won't ruin company of heroes.[/citation]

sega publishes total war, i would say they know not to screw with something good.
crytek got homefront, something that was dead as a franchise anyway, so it doesn't matter.
koch got violation and metro... they publish the x seriese, a game that is so user intuitive, that i have to take a guess they are very hands off on how they handle games. any other publisher would have made the game at least a bit user friendly.
ubisoft got a game that is more or less already done, so they cant do to much with it.

really what these companies bought right now are mostly if not fully completed games that are just going through polish right now. so at the very least the current games wont be to effected by the moving, and most of these companys seem to be great fits for the devs they bought, unless they just bought to canalize titles like ea did with westwood.

fandroid

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
[citation][nom]calmstateofmind[/nom]Damn you Jason Rubin and Brian Farrell for running the company into the ground...[/citation]

Fixed

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
I'm interested in where Vigil will end up as well. I think most of these landed in decent company, but the Koch Media sale of Volition and Metro have me a little worried on how SR4 and Metro: Last Light may turn out.

criticcc

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]this is the worst news i've heard since rare got bought out by microsoft... my faith for gaming relies with mostly indie developers now... the big names are churning out games just for profit, and don't dare try something new...[/citation]
mannnnn. rare getting to microsoft is one of the worst things I experienced in gaming. DAMN you for reminding me. lol

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]casualcolors[/nom]SEGA are actually pretty solid publishers. Relic lucked out imo.I have to wonder, exactly who bought Vigil Games?[/citation]
nobody, apparently THQ will keep the developer and publishing business. this gives the impression that either theyre planning to make another darksiders, or nobody wanted vigil IPs(which I hope isnt the case)

subtleendowment

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
I hope these companies understand the weight they carry now. It's like taking someone else's child into your care because their broke. Raise them well.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008

Yes because they ruined the Total War series....

I see someone isn't an actual RTS fan.

G

For those worried about metro.. Last Light is in its final stages, alpha/beta, they won't bother with that game now and will likely just leave this one be, I hope all these publishers leave the developers be for the most part to keep making the games that everyone loves and not money making pieces of crap

Status
Not open for further replies.