Thread Removed Without Giving Me A Reason

electro_neanderthal

Respectable
Jan 22, 2018
I obviously goofed, despite reading the guidelines beforehand. So I just want to know so I don't make that mistake again.

The removed thread was called "Selecting the Best Free Drawing Software for Your Needs".

Like I said, I probably misunderstood something, or maybe didn't read the right guidelines (it's the link you can click just before you post, is that the right page? Seriously, those guidelines are hard to find).

I'd appreciate knowing the reason why, so I don't repeat that mistake, thanks.

Solution
As the moderator that removed it I had a couple of reasons.

1. Not posted anywhere near a correct topic. "Opinions and Experiences" is not the proper place. "Apps General Discussion" is a much better place.

2. It doesn't read anywhere close to a tutorial as much as just a list of available software. A tutorial should be an in depth "How to". There's little to no detail for each selection. In fact, my initial read flagged it as very spamlike (we get a lot of that around here).
As the moderator that removed it I had a couple of reasons.

1. Not posted anywhere near a correct topic. "Opinions and Experiences" is not the proper place. "Apps General Discussion" is a much better place.

2. It doesn't read anywhere close to a tutorial as much as just a list of available software. A tutorial should be an in depth "How to". There's little to no detail for each selection. In fact, my initial read flagged it as very spamlike (we get a lot of that around here).

Solution

electro_neanderthal

Respectable
Jan 22, 2018

Alright, fair enough. Thanks for responding, I'll be sure to be more careful and clear (and accurate) in the future.