[SOLVED] Threadripper water block.

Jun 14, 2021
Hello everyone.
Which is in your opinion the best water block for threadripper cpu's? I don't care about RGB, just heat transfer and performance. Thanks.

Solution
Yes, it is difficult to do without a lot of testing. I've covered a few over the course of time, but nothing which includes a lot of input from multiple vendors. I only have tested Swiftech, Bitspower and EK blocks...I think that's all. Some of those are monoblocks for specific boards.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Yes, it is difficult to do without a lot of testing. I've covered a few over the course of time, but nothing which includes a lot of input from multiple vendors. I only have tested Swiftech, Bitspower and EK blocks...I think that's all. Some of those are monoblocks for specific boards.

Solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I did a brief look through. Most of the Threadripper blocks I saw were very expensive and didn't look all that impressive. One was $200, all copper, but honestly looked like the cheapest one to make. Thermaltake had one that just looked like what the early ones were, adapted blocks from AM3/AM4/Intel.

Then there are the notorious Enermax AIO that clog up.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
The Enermax one was an actual AIO and it was due to the coolant chemistry, I believe here we're only discussing custom loop blocks, correct?

Or is this actually a question from the OP about AIOs suitable for Threadripper?

The question seems like a custom loop question to me, but it might just be overly generalized to 'any liquid cooler'.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, but there aren't that many Threadripper blocks that actually cover the area of the heatspreader. Enermax's AIO does, but it doesn't have good longevity. Though you can always drain it when you get it and refill it with coolant or distilled water.

Most just look like a more standard sized block with a bracket to mount to the board. Covers most of the center of the CPU, but misses the edges completely.