[SOLVED] Three Black rectangles on left side of screen

Aug 16, 2019
Hi all, I am not sure if this is the correct thread to add this question, if not please let me know.

Since yesterday, I been having this problem with my computer where three black rectangles are on the left side of my display and they do not go away. I never seen this before and after searching through google, I have not been able to find a solution or similar issue. I can't add a screenshot since the black rectangles do not come up, so I took a screenshot of my screen and added a visual example through paint to show you what I am seeing (click link). Note that the three squares are actually the same size, I just couldn't make it exact on paint.

Example

My custom built PC specs are below:
OP: Windows 10
Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.5GHz
RAM; 8GB
System Type: 64-bit
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

I actually have my PC hooked up to my HDTV, which is a TCL 55 Inch 4K. This issue only started happening yesterday and it never came up before. I already did the following:
Shutdown/Restart computer
sfc /scannow on Command Prompt

Has anyone ever encountered this issue and/or know how I can remove these black rectangles? Thanks for the help!

Solution
Check that the connecting video cable is fully and firmly in place.

Try another known working video cable.

Try downloading, reinstalling, and reconfiguring the GTX1650 drivers via NVIDIA's website.

Are you able connect the HDTV to another computer?

Or connect another HDTV to your computer?

Determine if the problem follows the HDTV or stays with the computer.

Or just try another computer monitor just to see if the black rectangles stay or go.

Ralston18

Titan
Check that the connecting video cable is fully and firmly in place.

Try another known working video cable.

Try downloading, reinstalling, and reconfiguring the GTX1650 drivers via NVIDIA's website.

Are you able connect the HDTV to another computer?

Or connect another HDTV to your computer?

Determine if the problem follows the HDTV or stays with the computer.

Or just try another computer monitor just to see if the black rectangles stay or go.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS