Question Three Computers / Two Monitors - How to connect

Aug 10, 2022
Hi

I have three laptops that I need to switch from frequenty (job related) and I'm looking for a solution to have like a KVM solution using USB C which is common in all three laptops. I may also entertain an option of using the HDMI outputs and the USB C for the Keyboard Mouse but not sure if that will work.

Thanks for the help.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi

I have three laptops that I need to switch from frequenty (job related) and I'm looking for a solution to have like a KVM solution using USB C which is common in all three laptops. I may also entertain an option of using the HDMI outputs and the USB C for the Keyboard Mouse but not sure if that will work.

Thanks for the help.
HDMI won't support two monitors per laptop.
Do all the laptops support video over USB-C ? Just because there is USB-C there is no guarantee of video out.

Aug 10, 2022
HDMI won't support two monitors per laptop.
Do all the laptops support video over USB-C ? Just because there is USB-C there is no guarantee of video out.
My setup today is two laptops with USB-C out to a Thunderbolt docking station with two monitors. I switch the USB-C cable between laptops to use the monitors, keyboard and mouse and is ok but now that I need a third laptop (from another client) I was looking for a more automated way to switch between the 3 laptops and the two monitors, keyboard & mouse. There seem to be sophisticated KVM switches but are very expensive so I was wondering if I could have a cheaper setup by using a simpler KVM and some USB-C hub type thing.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS