naidoort

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Hey, I have an MSI 945P/G/PL Neo2 Series mobo and the manual says not to run 3 ram DIMMS as it might cause a system falure. i was wondering if anybody has done this or is it safe to run 3x1gb ddr2 dimms

thanks

naidoort

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
the words "may cause a system failure" seemed to me that it was just an untested set up. so was just searching for anybody that did test it. just exercising som critical thinking. some of us don't believe everything er read

rockyjohn

Distinguished
Excercising critical thinking by letting anecodotal information override a manufacturers warning? Excercising critical thinking by assuming "may" relates to "untested set up"?

naidoort

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Don't see you point... "may" according to the manufactuer means they have seen failures with a three dimm set up but it could not be proven or repeated. So according to good scientific practices, this is still "untested." And more data is required on the matter, which was simply what i was trying to do. Sorry to have wasted you valuable time

rockyjohn

Distinguished
My point was very clear. If you don't see it then read again or ask someone to explain it to you.

Any additional reports of actual usuage are still anecodotal - and if you are going to assume that the lack or reports means no other failures occurred - then you are really flying blind.

Your condescending and sarcastic "Sorry to have wasted you valuable time" only demeans yourself.

TRENDING THREADS