Question Three drives on ASRock b450m pro4 with Ryzen 3700X ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjhollandsh

Reputable
Dec 28, 2016
Hi, I'm wondering does anyone know if the following drive configuration will work on ASRock b450m pro4 with a Ryzen 3700X?
I want to have a M.2 NVMe SSD in the ultra slot, and an M.2 Sata SSD in the other slot, with a hard drive connected to sata3_4 for storemi with the sata m.2 ?

Thank you

sjhollandsh

Reputable
Dec 28, 2016
Thanks for replying, I'm just not understanding why sata3_4 would be disabled. I thought it would be either sata3_3 or m.2_2, that would get disabled. The only reason I ask is I'm about to put a new m.2_1 in and wanted to use the m.2_2 as a storemi ssd for my hdd which at this point not sure should the hdd be on sata3_1,2,3,or_4? I assume definitely not sata3_3 correct? Thank you

sjhollandsh

Reputable
Dec 28, 2016
By the way, so after using AMD cleanup, I reinstalled storemi and it said I couldn't use the m.2_2 SSD for cache. It said I could use m.2_1 Nvme drive but my OS is installed on M.2_1 and would defeat the purpose, so I have another NVME drive coming that is bigger and will use that as my main drive with the m.2_2 and HDD (sata3_4) as a extra storage option. Thanks for your help. I appreciate the quick replys.

Reactions: rgd1101
Jan 3, 2022
Hi, I'm wondering does anyone know if the following drive configuration will work on ASRock b450m pro4 with a Ryzen 3700X?
I want to have a M.2 NVMe SSD in the ultra slot, and an M.2 Sata SSD in the other slot, with a hard drive connected to sata3_4 for storemi with the sata m.2 ?

Thank you
I'm having trouble with this mb booting to the m.2 drive (ASRock B450m Pro 4, Ryzen 7 3700x, 32GB 3200 DDR4 Ripjaws). I can install a fresh OS to the ssd but on reboot, goes to efi bios. Tried replacing the mb with an rma'd board, replacing the m.2 drive, and switching the graphics card. Tried upgrading and downgrading the bios. I'm not sure what else to try. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks!

USAFRet

Titan
I'm having trouble with this mb booting to the m.2 drive (ASRock B450m Pro 4, Ryzen 7 3700x, 32GB 3200 DDR4 Ripjaws). I can install a fresh OS to the ssd but on reboot, goes to efi bios. Tried replacing the mb with an rma'd board, replacing the m.2 drive, and switching the graphics card. Tried upgrading and downgrading the bios. I'm not sure what else to try. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks!
Please start a new thread for your particular situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts