Three Hard Drives!

donald

I just added a third 80 gb Maxtor Hd to my P4-1800 with
Windows 2000 (SP4) and although the drive functions
correctly, I can't see it through the explorer file
manager. All utility programs (ie CMOS, Partition Magic,
Norton Systemworks, Windows 2000 Device Manager, etc.)
recognize it and declare it functioning correctly, but I
can't use it. (All three HD's are FAT32)

Is there a limit to how many drives you can have in
W2K or is there a setting that must be changed to get it
to be recognized by the OpSys?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance!

myself

Wow! was I dumb! I finally realized I had "TWEAK UI"
installed on my computer and in there is a utility that
allows you to select which drives are visible in Windows
2000 and which are not. I checked drive "F" , rebooted
and all is well!!

Thanks anyway

Thanks for this post. There's a good bit of traffic here about problems
similar to yours, and this is the first time I've seen this solution
(don't have TUI myself).