Sep 26, 2024
I recently got my first 4k monitor being the Samsung Odyssey G80SD. I am attempting to use the 240hz mode of the monitor in unison with 4k along side my other monitors. The moment I attempt to activate the 240hz from either the windows or nvidia control panel I immediately get a BSOD. I will now post my specs below so hopefully somebody can help me figure out how to potentially fix this issue. I've never attempted to have 3 monitors at the same time so any insight would be huge.

GPU: Gigabyte Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6X PCI Express 4.0 x16 ATX Video Card GV-N4090GAMING OC-24GD
CPU: i9-12900K 3.20GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z690 Aorus Elite AX LGA 1700 Intel Z690 ATX Motherboard with DDR5, PCIe 5.0, USB 3.2 Gen2X2 Type-C, WiFi 6, RGB - Black
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 RAM 32 GB (4x16) 5600 MHz CL36 Intel XMP iCUE Compatible Computer Memory - Black
PSU: ASUS ROG STRIX 1000W Gold PSU (new when I built my pc on release of the 4090)
Storage: 2x 990 EVO SSD 2TB, 1x Barracuda HDD 2TB
Monitors: 1x MSI MAG273 (1920x1080p)(120hz), 1x MSI MAG274QRF (2560x1440p)(165hz but I keep it at 120hz) and the Odyssey G80SD (3840x2160)(240hz cap but currently at 120hz)

That's all the computer information that I can think of (if anything is missing, please ask away)

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History/Monitor and Event Viewer.

Either one or both tools may be capturing some error code, warning, or informational event just before or at the time of the BSODs.

PSU: "new when".... ? How long ago is "when"?

History of heavy use for gaming - correct?

Sep 26, 2024
Look in Reliability History/Monitor and Event Viewer.

Either one or both tools may be capturing some error code, warning, or informational event just before or at the time of the BSODs.

PSU: "new when".... ? How long ago is "when"?

History of heavy use for gaming - correct?
Where would I find Reliability History/Monitor and Event Viewer?

And as for the PSU purchase date: I purchased it 2023

And correct, I use it for heavy gaming.

Ralston18

Titan
Reliability History/Monitor and Event Viewer are both included with Windows.

In the Search Oval (usually in the lower left screen corner) start typing Reliability History/Monitor or Event Viewer.

Windows will present various choices to you as you type in the search criteria.

Unfortunately Microsoft is not consistent with the naming so you will have to pay attention to the choices that appear.

If given the option then run the tool as Admin.

Reliability History/Monitor is end user friendly and the timeline format may reveal patterns.

Event Viewer requires more time and effort to navigate and understand.

To help with Event Viewer:

How To - How to use Windows 10 Event Viewer | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com)

Sep 26, 2024
Reliability History/Monitor and Event Viewer are both included with Windows.

In the Search Oval (usually in the lower left screen corner) start typing Reliability History/Monitor or Event Viewer.

Windows will present various choices to you as you type in the search criteria.

Unfortunately Microsoft is not consistent with the naming so you will have to pay attention to the choices that appear.

If given the option then run the tool as Admin.

Reliability History/Monitor is end user friendly and the timeline format may reveal patterns.

Event Viewer requires more time and effort to navigate and understand.

To help with Event Viewer:

How To - How to use Windows 10 Event Viewer | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com)
Thanks, I was able to run the Event Viewer Tool in admin and attempted to use 240hz to spit out the error but I found out that there are multiple sources for various errors and warning. Is there a specific source I should be looking out for?.

Ralston18

Titan
Multiple errors and varying errors are a sign of a faltering/failing PSU. And new PSUs can falter and fail.

= = = =

Did you look in Reliability History/Monitor?

If possible take some screen shots showing the full Reliability History/Monitor screen and specifically some of the dates that have representative errors.

Start with critical errors and warnings plus the details from each.

Look for patterns in the logged entries. Make note of Event ID's.