[SOLVED] Three monitor setup works in Windows 7 but not 10

Rickie_2

Reputable
Oct 3, 2016
As above. Dual booting them. No issues with all three monitors in 7, but in 10 it straight up won't recognise one. And on the occasion that it does, it does so as a generic non-pnp monitor and will only allow 720p instead of its 1080p max. Making a custom 1080p just makes that monitor look horribly fuzzy.

Nvidia drivers are up to date. Drivers for monitors too. I've seen other similar complaints online, but never a solution. Definitely Windows 10 related, but can't figure out what exactly. Brand new Windows 10 install too. Fresh.

Have tried different cables. Monitor will work..if another is unplugged. So there's nothing wrong with the cable or the monitor itself, but something either Windows 10 in general, or Windows 10+Nvidia. Either way, won't play nice. Can anyone help?

Solution
Are you on the latest BIOS update for your platform/motherboard? You might want to see which version of Windows 10 you're running.

Rickie_2

Reputable
Oct 3, 2016
Are you on the latest BIOS update for your platform/motherboard? You might want to see which version of Windows 10 you're running.
Thanks for your reply. the version of Windows 10 I am running is the latest one, direct from the official downloader.

As for my BIOS, it's currently running a version from 2016. I see there have been three updates since then:
"F2 - 15.46 MB - 2017/05/25 - Improve system compatibility",
"F22a - 5.45 MB - 2017/07/04 - Update CPU micro code to fix HT flaw issue" and
"F22e - 5.43 MB2018/03/09 - Update CPU Microcode"

Would any of those help, do you think? And if so, I've never updated a bios before, would I have to do them in order or just the latest?

EDIT: Did some more Googling at it seemed each BIOS update is a full thing, so just did the latest. Amazingly, that's all it took. Thanks for the suggestion! Hadn't even considered the BIOS. Looks like my problem is solved in record time.

Last edited: