Three monitors, larger in the center?

14gadgets

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
So I bought a 25" IPS HP monitor from eBay and I thought I had a 22" monitor sitting at home..... I went and checked it out. It turns out it's a 20" Dell... So, my question to you guys is, would a 25" monitor surrounded by two 20" monitors just look too weird? There's not only the size difference, but most likely the resolution differences.. I found two sellers on Craigslist in my area that are selling 23" Acer monitors for $100 each, but if I spend that much, I could get 24" AOC IPS monitors for $120..
Save the $40 and buy used from Craigslist?
Buy new and get two 24"?
Don't do either and get another 20"?
Don't do any of the above and save up to get two more HP 25bw monitors?

Solution
The 25" monitor surrounded by the two 20" should be ok. It sounds like you already have the hardware for this, and I would set this up and try it before spending more money. Set it up as a dual monitor, and can always get a 3rd monitor to match the 20" if that works ok.

I think AOC monitors always look cheap to me, and not good so I would not go with them. I would rather have the Acer 23" for the money.
The 25" monitor surrounded by the two 20" should be ok. It sounds like you already have the hardware for this, and I would set this up and try it before spending more money. Set it up as a dual monitor, and can always get a 3rd monitor to match the 20" if that works ok.

I think AOC monitors always look cheap to me, and not good so I would not go with them. I would rather have the Acer 23" for the money.

Solution