Throttle while stress testing AMD Overclock. Help Please!

Hey guys Im trying to find a stable OC for my AMD A8 5600k. I was using AMD Overdrive but after a few crashes decided to do it directly from the mobo. Im using stock cooler and my idle thermal margin is about 55 degrees celcius.

I just stress tested at 4.1mhz (x41 multiplier in bios) with 1.4187 volts using AMD Overdrive stability test.

During the test, everytime the thermal margin goes around 15-18 degrees C the clock would drop to 1.3mhz and voltage down to roughly 0.88v. Im including photos of before and during the throttle as well seen here.

* Start of stability test using AMD Overdrive *
sp7up3.jpg

* During Throttle while doing Stability Test *
fe4d8i.jpg

MY QUESTION: Is this happening because of thermal throttling? and is there any advice on how to fix this? or is it normal?

More info: I disabled C6 in BIOS. And this is my 1st ever Overclock (needing to do it to fix freezes in fortnite)

*PC SPECS*

CPU- AMD A8 5600k
GPU- GTX 750 1gb
RAM- 6gb DDR3
MOBO- BIOSTAR A55ML2
WIN- Window 10 Home
HDD- 160gb (dont know the speed)

retiredofficer

Honorable
Feb 28, 2018
Keep CPU temperature always under 72 deg C on full load. The use of after market CPU cooler is a must to do this.
Use at least CPU cooler with 2 copper heatpipe worth for USD 150-200 on minimum price range.

Well I will say this. The pc is on its way out Im currently saving (almost there) for a better pc.

In the mean time Im just lookung to get some extra juice without investing in it so I can play fortnite without the game freezing up.

As of now I have the clock at 4.1mhz and the voltage at 1.4058 (or somethin like that messaging from mobile) and I get great preformance but about 3-4 games in the game crashes.

I kept track of all thermals during this and CPU load and it never went below 20 degrees Celsius thermal margin at average 72% load.

However with 4.1mhz on the clock and 1.4250v crashed my pc after 1 day of being on (only did 20 min stress test but I played about 5 hours straight of fortnite with no issues with those numbers n went to work got home was on google n pc crashed).

So I have no idea what is stable at this point. I even raised the NB VID to 1.2 to try n see if this stabilizes it. I have to go to sleep now but will do more testing when I get home.

But all this makes me wonder if I can even get a stable OC with seeing how the vpu throttles while still having 18 degrees celcius thermal margin left.

Any advice about over clocking this would be greatly appreciated!