Question Throttled System?

Str8UpNyves

Reputable
Jul 18, 2019
Hey guys, I'm having issues with games not performing as i think they should be with a new (to me) video card.
I had an EVGA 970 SC, and recently upgraded to an EVGA 1070 SC, which came new from EVGA after sending in the 970 for some other issues. I've been playing Insurgency Sandstorm and GR Wildlands and I'm having trouble getting much over 50-60 frames on med-high settings, even though I've jumped a whole generation of GPU and doubled my VRAM.
I have a AsRock Z97 Xtreme 6 Mobo, 24GB of RAM @2133 and an Intel 4790 CPU. I feel like I should be able to peg these games, especially Insurgency Sandstorm instead of having Textures on high, but everything else on low or off just to break 60 frames.

Thanks

Str8UpNyves

Reputable
Jul 18, 2019
No, my professor is around 60%. I was getting about the same fps on my 970 on medium graphics with the AA on low. The only changes I've mad between the 2 is textures on high, AA on 2x, and ambient occlusion on. I would have thought a video card with double the vram would be able to run higher than that.
That and Sandstorm isnt such a graphics intense game as Wildlands and it has some serious issues with anything on above low other than textures.

Str8UpNyves

Reputable
Jul 18, 2019
That would make sense. I'm wondering if some of the other games are just not optimized well. I just thought the jump in performance would be more noticable between a 4gb 970 and 8gb 1070.