Question Throttlestop Undervolting Question

ojr10000o

Commendable
Aug 25, 2018
Laptop
CPU: i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
GPU: GTX1060 6GB
RAM: 16GB

Hey I have multiple questions on throttlestop. First one is I have been getting some limit reasons, mostly when I turn on my laptop/open it from sleep. I get PL1 and BD PROCHOT under CORE and EDP OTHER under RING. Since I am not getting them while actually using the laptop I guess it is not that worrying, but I still want to know if there is an explanation and if I should try to get it to not appear.
7lqwc20bkgg31.png

Second one is regarding to speedsfhit. I have it set to it's default 128 since I don't know how to properly configure it and test it to get the better results. I just know it is better to have it enabled. However, I do see that under the TPL window there is another Speedshift already checked and a Min and Max boxes. The Min 1 and Max 38 are the deafult as well. Should I increase the range to max or even to include 128?
qjdphm14ngg31.png

Last, I am also using Throttlestop to undervolt. Is it safe to undervolt every option(including iGPU Unslice and System Agent)? Also which of them should I be undervolting together with the same values? I have read some guides on this, but they are only undervolting CPU Core, Cache and iGPU. However, on this guide I have seen some people also undervolting Unslice and System Agent.

Aug 16, 2019
unclewebb (who created throttlestop, I believe) has stated that SystemAgent needs to match the iGPU's undervolt in order to actually undervolt the integrated graphics.

As for your PL1 limit on startup, I don't think that's an issue unless that power limit is much lower than what your processor is capable of and it's causing a slow startup. Your CPU is just working hard and reaching up in wattage to boot up quickly.

Sorry I couldn't answer more of your questions definitively--I'm always learning more about Throttlestop. The best guide I've found is here: https://www.notebookcheck.net/How-t...ife-The-ThrottleStop-Guide-2017.213140.0.html

Last edited:
Reactions: ojr10000o