Question Throttling every minutes during gameplay

Mar 11, 2023
Every minutes or so, my game lags and i have 1 fps for 5-10 seconds. I just restarted windows for this exact mather and it doesn't seem to have helped. I know very little about PC technicalities so i don't know where to start.

I do not think i am overdemanding regarding my build since it happens even on small games like rocket leagues.

I have followed many steps already:
  • Making sure the game uses my GPU
  • Game mode on and hardware acceleration on
  • Power plan using 100% of the CPU capacity.
  • installing nvidia driver
  • some others i don't remember.

I know i don't give a lot of information since i don't know what test to do.

So where do i start? What test should i do? What steps should i do to repair this?

This is my setup :

Ram : 32 gb
CPU: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
GPU : RTX 3060

Thanks in advance.

What's the exact make/brand and model number of your power supply unit/PSU ? You mean to say both the GPU and CPU throttle whilst gaming ? What is the TEMP value usually while gaming ?

Also, have you tried doing a CLEAN re-install/update of the Nvidia GPU drivers ? You can use the DDU tool if you wish, but that's not a compulsion, just a recommendation. What other PC games lag after few minutes of gameplay, apart from Rocket League ?

Which platform you are using to buy games ? STEAM, GOG, EGS, EA, UBI connect and other clients? Did you upgrade to Windows 11 or it was a freshly installed copy ?

Last edited:
Reactions: EliElielieli
Mar 11, 2023
Thanks for the reply.
I have a laptop. And the PSU is a dell 240W model number LA240PM190.
I have not tried a clean install but will do it promply.
I used the word throttling in the title. However i am not sure this is technicaly exact. Just that the "results" are the same as when my cpu was throttling back in the days.

List of games where it happens:
  • Sons of the forest
  • Rocket league
  • Marvel's Spider man
  • Battlefield 2042
  • everything i game basically.

I used steam but the same happens with non plateform games, (like... game installed directly on my pc.)
It was a freshly installed windows 11.'

I will give you the temp value tomorrow after a gaming session