Question Throwing distance from busy train tracks ?

Jun 5, 2023
Every 3-4 hours, I get the rumbling of a trains passing by across the street from my house.
Everything wobbles about, chandeliers sway, things on edges of tables fall off, my monitors scuttle about my desk. Think back to Who Framed Rodger Rabbit when waitress had to hold down the stack of plates when the trolly's rolled by, lights flicker etc.

I've had one gaming system affected by GPU sagging since I moved into this house 2 years ago, anytime a train rumbled by there was a good chance the gpu would cut out, my thunderbolt monitor would be fine and computer is running just, but 3070 gpu would be completely gone from device manager. once I got a handle on that, I laid the tower flat, and I've not seen it happen for months.
Been looking into chia farming and it got me to thinking about what these vibrations could do to disk arrays, or even just electronics in general (ie solder points).
Google searches are not turning up any solid results/solutions on how to remediate the vibration my electronics are taking. And I don't want to invest in a disc arrays for Chia until I have something in place.
Bought the house just shy of 3 years ago and don't really want to move anytime soon.

DaleH

Upstanding
Mar 24, 2023
Every 3-4 hours, I get the rumbling of a trains passing by across the street from my house.
Everything wobbles about, chandeliers sway, things on edges of tables fall off, my monitors scuttle about my desk. Think back to Who Framed Rodger Rabbit when waitress had to hold down the stack of plates when the trolly's rolled by, lights flicker etc.

I've had one gaming system affected by GPU sagging since I moved into this house 2 years ago, anytime a train rumbled by there was a good chance the gpu would cut out, my thunderbolt monitor would be fine and computer is running just, but 3070 gpu would be completely gone from device manager. once I got a handle on that, I laid the tower flat, and I've not seen it happen for months.
Been looking into chia farming and it got me to thinking about what these vibrations could do to disk arrays, or even just electronics in general (ie solder points).
Google searches are not turning up any solid results/solutions on how to remediate the vibration my electronics are taking. And I don't want to invest in a disc arrays for Chia until I have something in place.
Bought the house just shy of 3 years ago and don't really want to move anytime soon.
Maybe something as simple as setting the case on foam would alleviate the problem.

Anon#1234

Proper
May 30, 2023

Get a gpu stand as well just in case, their cheap too.