Thrustmaster Reveals $200 Ferrari F1 Racing Wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

If it's anything like my hotas cougar, then it will only need an extra $600 in parts to make it work perfectly...

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]nitrium[/nom]"Did he just say "Thrustmaster", uh, huh, huh, huh, huh" "Yeah! Thrustmaster!" "Uh, huh, huh, huh" "I am the Great Cornholio! I need a Thrustmaster for my bungholio!"[/citation]
very subtle

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]rabidface[/nom]Because you only have to sell your soul to Apple[/citation]
I thought it cost your first born or guessing Steve Jobs "real" name...

Cylent

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
[citation][nom]T-Master_Guy[/nom]If it's anything like my hotas cougar, then it will only need an extra $600 in parts to make it work perfectly...[/citation]

The HOTAS Cougar is over 7 years old. ThrustMasters control devices (at least their more expensive ones) have benefited from the lessons learned from the Cougar. The HOTAS Warthog ( http://www.thrustmaster.com/product.aspx?ProductID=221&PlatformID=5 ), for example, uses hall effect sensors in place of potentiometers and a better spring system which virtually eliminates the dead zones that plagued the Cougar.

Although, $200, for a different steering wheel (with more switches of course) for an already pricey ($600) racing controller (T500 RS) is somewhat steep. Definitely for those hardcore race simmers, not for the average Joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.