Thrustmaster's New TS-PC Racer Costs $500, Features New Motor And Cooling System

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
Thrustmaster innovating while logitech/saitek is still pushing re-branded designs from 10 years ago. i applaud thrustmaster. Hopefully a warthog like redesign is coming soon as well.

sillynilly

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
The only downside for me is no interchangeable wheels. That would make it worth $500 - even if I had to pay for the different wheels in addition to the base price. The wheel pictured is only good for a few games and in many cars would "feel" awkward to me.

D

Deleted member 1353997

Force Feedback. It's used for various effects.
It makes the wheel vibrate if you crash, and it makes it more difficult to turn the faster you drive.

sillynilly

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016

I'd like clarification on this as well. I thought they meant buy something else, but maybe not? Will the other wheels be for sale without the whole kit?

Bueller?

bigjoe980

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2016
$500 damn dollars and still no REAL steering wheel? come on... for that price I could buy a shitty car and actually go drive it.

cabelo3d

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
It seems we can change the rim, will cost more, but there's the option at least:
"To allow all users to fully customize their TS-PC Racer according to their own personal preferences in terms of the type of game, driving style or vehicle used, the TS-PC Racer is fully compatible with the entire Thrustmaster racing ecosystem, including: the Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-On, Ferrari Alcantara Wheel Add-On, T500 RS GT Wheel, TM Leather 28 GT Wheel Add-On…, the TH8RS and TH8A shifters, and the T3PA and T3PA-Pro pedal sets – as well as with other USB pedal sets on the market, or pedal sets equipped with a DB9 connector (via the Thrustmaster DB9 PEDALS T.RJ12 ADAPTER)."

Status
Not open for further replies.