Question Thumb nuts on AIO

Apr 7, 2024
I've seen that quite a few people have asked this on different forums, but I'm still a little unsure.

I have the EK-Nucleus CR360 AIO and I'm not sure how tight I should tighten the thumb nuts that go over the springs. In the manual it says "Do not tighten them fully until partially screwed in." Which of course is saying that they should be tightened fully once they're all partially in, but I just want to make sure that they should be tightened all the way. Should I just tighten them evenly with a screwdriver until they're quite hard to turn? As right now they're still pretty easy to turn, because I didn't want to somehow break something. Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
They mean to say that you should tighten in a criss-cross/alternating pattern, going one turn or a few more at a time. Until all thumb nuts are tightened till they won't tighten any further. In fact, don't over tighten, just enough to create mounting pressure between the IHS and cooling block.

You're advised to not tighten one end and move onto the next end, this will cause the mount to be improper/uneven.

View: https://youtu.be/alN491G6N7k

Apr 7, 2024
They mean to say that you should tighten in a cross pattern, going one turn or a few more at a time. Until all thumb nuts are tightened till they won't tighten any further. In fact, don't over tighten, just enough to create mounting pressure between the IHS and cooling block.

You're advised to not tighten one end and move onto the next end, this will cause the mount to be improper/uneven.
I understood the part of ensuring you don't tighten them unevenly by screwing in one at a time, I was just worried about how tight I should actually tighten them all. I'll go ahead and tighten them a little more, as right now they're definitely not as tight as they could be. Thank you for the response :)