Question Thunderbolt 3

Dec 11, 2019
Thank you for reply.
My laptops is listed there, it's Lenovo Y700 i7 so I assume it will work . Can you (or any one) provide a tuorial/guide from this forum or on YT how exactly do it? I I've looked for it and didn't find one that shows exactly how to do it with this laptop.

Dec 11, 2019
additional questions: I have to connect EXP GDC cable to M.2 slot right and lead it out somehow outside laptop right? Mainly I mean that whetner I just stick the cable to M.2 port? or have to do something else ? And how to disable GPU ?

additional questions: I have to connect EXP GDC cable to M.2 slot right and lead it out somehow outside laptop right? Mainly I mean that whetner I just stick the cable to M.2 port? or have to do something else ? And how to disable GPU ?

Correct, you will have a cable hanging outside the case that is attached to the external PCIe connection. You don't need to disable any GPU.

These setups are not really good, the only proper way is to get a faster system with a video card you want in the first place, or get a system designed for use with an external thunderbolt dock so you can just attach it to the thunderbolt port. The external adapters are not very good, they run at 1X speeds and don't work with all systems.

I suggest you just use the 960M video card in the system and lower settings to play games that don't run well, or sell the system and buy a new one. Taking the thing apart and hanging a cable from it you could end up with a dead laptop if you break something internally. Better a slower working laptop than a dead faster one. Plus you have the video card, external power supply and adapter hanging from the system even if things work. Instead of spending $300 on the adapter video card and power supply just sell the system and use that money to get a new one.

Dec 11, 2019
Thank you for your reply. I understand your point and I appreciate the advice, but the problem is I will not sell it with reasonable price as the specification and components are quite outdated. Except small GPU OC the only option to have better performace is using the adapter I will consider whole case again.