Question Thunderbolt Ports no longer working Z490 VISION D (rev. 1.x)

OffbeatBryce

Reputable
Mar 27, 2017
Hello, After a Graphic card update for the Intel UHD Graphics 750 my Thunderbolt ports have stopped functioning. Nothing shows up in Device Manager when I plug in a Thunderbolt external drive and no sound is made that it has connected either. All my USB ports work just fine. I tried downloading a driver update from this website Z490 VISION D (rev. 1.x) Gallery | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global The driver link to it is no longer valid it seems. It just loads a blank page with an error. I tried using the Gigabyte updater software that came installed when I installed windows and that program doesn't detect there are any updates for Thunderbolt. How do I get it back so it's working? The external drive lights up and powers on as if it's recognized but nothing shows up in the device manager or the drive section of explorer. I also launched the Thunderbolt control center and no devices are listed there either and under the about section of this application, it lists "Driver version NA" as if it can't find a driver.

Update. Managed to update the Bios and now it's working, kinda. Only one cable will connect the external drive via USB C but I can use other cables to power the same drive on my windows 10 MSI Laptop with no problem but the same cables that work with the laptop won't connect the drive to my Desktop.

After a Graphic card update for the Intel UHD Graphics 750 my Thunderbolt ports stopped functioning. Nothing showed up in Device Manager when I plugged in a USB C external drive and no sound was made that connected either. All my other USB ports work just fine. I managed to sorta fix this by installing a bios update but now only one USB C cable will launch the external drive. The port I'm using is also a Thunderbolt 4 port so not sure if anything should be listed as a Thunderbolt device or not but it's not under Thunderbolt control center. The only way I know only one USB C cable works is because I tried three other cables and it doesn't launch the drive yet these other cables launch the same drive on my MSI laptop that has a USB C port. Why is it that the cables that launch the drive on my laptop don't launch them on my PC? These cables also work to record from my black magic camera to the drive itself.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY