[SOLVED] THX sound card

Solution
i have sounblaster z combined with yamaha avr...no issues with bass under 40hz

btw older creative card had THX logo, later on they renamed it to SBX logo
while hardware is same (THX licences have razer now, creative didnt felt need to pay extra for something which nobody uses/cares about)

creative-x-fi-hd.jpg

pdt-mhl-sb-xfi-hd.png

around x-fi recon3d era it changed
any later models are SBX only (not THX)
it should sound similar while being cheaper (same hardware, reduced cost on licences)

blade_10

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
THX can amplify frequencies with 40 HZ witch normal sound cards cannot. If it's unavailable, I at least need a sound card compatible to THX certified sound card. If there's any, please let me know.

Thanks

i have sounblaster z combined with yamaha avr...no issues with bass under 40hz

btw older creative card had THX logo, later on they renamed it to SBX logo
while hardware is same (THX licences have razer now, creative didnt felt need to pay extra for something which nobody uses/cares about)

creative-x-fi-hd.jpg

pdt-mhl-sb-xfi-hd.png

around x-fi recon3d era it changed
any later models are SBX only (not THX)
it should sound similar while being cheaper (same hardware, reduced cost on licences)

Last edited:
Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
My old msi z77 mpower has THX capability, as does my old Onkyo receiver, and the new Onkyo I looked at a week ago. The problem with pc's is they are very seldom used for Cinematic sound reproduction, so THX has very limited use there.

The Z906 are THX certified, which means they are compstible for use on a pc that runs THX surround, but it's not necessary or needed to get full use from them. They'll work just as well without it. You don't need a THX sound card, but if you did have one, you could use those speakers with it.

Last edited:

blade_10

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
Thanks everyone, I know that THX is owned by Razer but I was unaware of the fact that THX is now SBX. I know it works well with any of the DTS or DOLBY DIGITAL LIVE encoders but with THX, it can bring more depth and add more weight to the audio . So i am looking forward to buy Creative Sound Blaster Z.

TRENDING THREADS