Ti 84 plus ce-t not working

MarWo22

Reputable
Apr 8, 2016
This might not be the best place to post it but i'll post it any way. I have the TI 84 plus ce-t graphic calculator but it stopped working. It doesn't turn on anymore. When i try to charge it i get the orange light indicating it is charging. It will turn green after a while indicating it is full. But if i unplug and replug the cable it goed back to charging again. Also the pc software doesn' recognise it anymore. My calculator is about a year old. I think it might be a battery issue but if you guys know better that would help a lot :)

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i'm not familiar with that new ti-84 but sounds to me more like the usb plug itself is messed up. the odd charging behavior and the fact a pc does not recognize it anymore suggest this to me. if the battery was dead, then it would still likely work when plugged in to a pc since it would use that as its power source.

i'd look there first and see if the port is messed up. often happens if you trip over the cord when plugged in and yank it out, or if it gets dropped when plugged in and yanked that way and so on.

MarWo22

Reputable
Apr 8, 2016
I've tried 3 different cables, 2 different adapters and plugging it to my pc. So it deffinitly cant be the cable

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
not the cable but the port on the calculator that i think is messed up.

it may look ok from the outside but often they get broken just inside the case. does the cable fit "lose" or allow you to move it around a bit when plugged in? this is usually the way to tell without taking it apart

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
likely somehow the port is messed up and not allowing the cable to make the connection with the calculator

more than likely it will need to be replaced since fixing it requires getting a new port and soldering it to the motherboard inside. generally not worth the time and cost and unlikely to work well anyway