Tigerdirect Rebate offer for X6 1090T CPU

The 1st day I saw this on tigerdirect I rubbed my eyes and almost pulled out the cc to get this and decided to think about it overnight. Obviously that was a mistake. The next day and every day thereafter this has been out of stock, or so they say. I called their 1-800 # and got a friendly guy that could only tell me they were out of stock and had no idea when they would be available again. Later that night when I got home I logged on and selected he price protection option to send them an email asking when these would be in stock. I get a reply they will be in stock by the 30th I waited til this morning to check to see if it showed in stock, guess what, it was still out of stock so I sent another email and this is what I get:

Thank you for the email.

As i have checked. We have available item currently. I would suggest that you contact our
sales team to check how can you purchase the item. Here is the number 1800-800-8300

Thank you for visiting our website. We appreciate your business. If you have further
inquiries and reply to this email, please make sure to include your entire message, so we
can address it appropriately.

Sincerely,
TigerDirect.com Web Response

I'm blocking they techs name for now. So I followed instructions and call back and the sales tech says they arent in stock or rather they are in the warehouse (qty 200) and haven't been inventoried but they should be by Monday or so. I find this interesting, they won't take orders on items they know they can fill the orders for. I sent a reply to the tech that sent me the email above and I still have yet to get a response.

I don't know about anyone else waiting for this chip but I think its a bit cheesy to post this 1 day then yank it down. You have to go to the following link to find this cpu on their website. Otherwise you wont find it at all.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=6142916&sku=B69-0210&srkey=x6%201090t

Then scroll down to the cpu and click on that link.

What do you guys make of this? Can you say dodge customer satisfaction? :pfff: :heink:

seanny

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
They did the same thing with the fermi card i just bought from them.It came finally.I will from now on never stray away from new egg,even if I have to wait a few extra days for the product.

notty22

Distinguished
I got in a live chat with a salesman, they have them but will only sell them now with the complete bundles. They won't make the cpu available until the rebate inclusive date is past. TRANSLATION, whoever was backing the rebate (amd) only will lose money on so many cpu's. It was probably more successful than anticipated to stop on both cpu's after only one day.

That makes sense but is crappy business practices to put that out there then retract it. If you offer it, back it. They shouldve updated the link to the cpu to remove the rebate offer and the price protection rep that I spoke with by email obviously knew nothing about what was going on with why they pulled them.

I was going to buy my ram from tiger too but I will take my business to the egg instead. It sounds like more of AMDs fault than Tigerdirects but TD was the only site I saw offering this so it had to be a deal that TD made with AMD. Nonetheless it leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I may or may not shop tiger for a while or ever because of it... :non:

Limited? They have 200 cpus in stock. If you post the rebate offer is good with purchases made thru a certain date and that date hasnt expired then it should be backed. If its a limited launch day issue then you advertise while supplies last.

That will cover your butt. The cs rep that told me the inventory quantities made the mistake of giving me that info and thats what Im irritated about...

daship

Distinguished
I coulda told you Tigerdirect sucks. I will never buy from them again. They are shady retailers, and their RMA process is the worst in the business.

When the i7 920 first came out, I watched a webinar to get a number to call to get it for $150, i got in and they hung up on me 2 times in a row.

Your story is worse than mine. :ouch:

I would've been a po'd mofo after spending my time to watch a webinar to get done like that. I sen't them a nastygram about an hour ago. I don't look to get a response from them. We will see... :sleep:

How's your media center setup running? I still want to do mine like yours just if I had the patience to find out how and where to paste the code to get those menus...

True, because I bought their product somewhere else. I'm aware its a deal between tigerdirect and AMD but I blame tigerdirect for not backing it up. Hopefully it will be a lesson to them but I doubt it.

I get this email today from them:

Email # 1:

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we are not able to release the item till Monday we apologize for the
inconvenience.
You can chose to wait for the item or you may also contact one of our sales
representatives at 800-CompUSA ( 800-266-7872) for further assistance finding a comparable
item.

Please advise us if there is anything further we can assist you with.

Thank you for visiting our website. We appreciate your business. If you have further
inquiries and reply to this email, please make sure to include your entire message, so we

Sincerely,

email # 2:

Thanks for your email.

We do apologize for the inconvenience we might have given you.

Upon checking our records, we have seen that we just received stock of the item and we
have it currently available. However, the product page in our website has not been updated
yet to reflect the current availability of the item. However, the item may be ordered over
the phone by calling our sales hotline at 1-800-800-8300.

Again, our apologies for the inconvenience

Sincerely,

Like I want to order one now at regular price from them after that episode. I would have no beef at all if they just advertised it at 299.99 and left it at that. That's the whole point I am trying to make. Rebates are a tool used to generate sales and if done correctly, I have no problem with but in this manner its poor business practice.