Tight Timings vs High Clock Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

In this article, we take a close look at system memory performance in an effort to answer some essential technical questions. Can tight timings outperform high clock frequencies? How much of an effect does memory speed have on overall performance? Read on to find out.

Tight Timings vs High Clock Frequencies : Read more

jona1

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
Excellent article. I was looking for a good explanation of memory timings. Thank you (I am from Uruguay, sorry for my bad English :) )

G

Good Article I guess. I've been wondering that exact question now that i got 2x1GB of Patriots PC2-8500 Viper Series from NVISION08. The timings are 5-5-5-15 2T at 1066MHz. When i try to lower it 1T it's not reliable. Anyways, thanks tomshardware for another good article, I hope there is a sequel to this, specifically DDR2 or 3 memory.

spellbinder2050

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
As most of you are probably aware, the MHz clock speed of the Athlon 64 and Opteron is the product of the HyperTransport speed (HTT) times the multiplier of the CPU.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't this be written as, "the MHz clock speed of the Athlon 64 and Opteron is the product of the HyperTransport speed (HTT) and the multiplier of the CPU."

Status
Not open for further replies.