[SOLVED] Time and clock wrong wrong wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2019
Hi, On Windows 7 mashine for months now it having time problems. I is here thinking it bad update. Here what wrong:

File downloads always have wrong time and date in folders after I downloadinged them. This make sorting by date all messed up.

Other thing is systim clock sometimes switch to wrong crazy time. It set to awtomatically sink to internet time and it do crazy things anyways. I go tell it to change to right time and it stay that way for while and then randumly change to randum time when nothing changinged at all.

Anyone knowings why it doings such crazy things when I changinged nothing? Bad W7 update? If it bad update is anyone knowings which is it?

Solution
Probably be a good idea to run some anti-malware applications to check for potential infections.

But if this is a Windows 7 era system, then the system battery is probably dead. If you can get to the BIOS, see if the clock is correct there. If it isn't, then the battery is likely dead and needs to be replaced.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Probably be a good idea to run some anti-malware applications to check for potential infections.

But if this is a Windows 7 era system, then the system battery is probably dead. If you can get to the BIOS, see if the clock is correct there. If it isn't, then the battery is likely dead and needs to be replaced.

Solution
Sep 3, 2019
OK. I do 1000 security scans it nevers coming up with nothings. Always clean.

If bad battery I checkings next time computer off. This backup computer with hard drive and boot and shutdown time slow slow slow so I have to waiting to turns it off till day over.

Thankings you for idea. Have good day!

Sep 3, 2019
Is is about to go to dentist. When I gettings home I check battery and looking online maybe buy new battery.

This old backup computer from 2010. I bet battery old and no lasting forever. That sound like it makings sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.