Time bug

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
I have my "forumz time" set at GMT -8 which is pacific time. at the time of this post the time is 2:39 pm it will read 5:39 pm when I post

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
You have to fiddle around daylight saving and GMTs a bit to get the right time.

I know it's not perfect, but for now it works. Steve did fix it during beta testing but not completely and there were lots of other work to be done by him.

Yes, thanks, wusy. We put a last minute change for Daylight Savings, but it is not perfect yet (lots of other priorities 8) ). So you can fiddle and make it work, and you are good for 6 months. By then we should've fixed it better :D

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
Actually, the time is Last Visit Time. That means last time you were on the forumz, not the current time. So if you logged off or your session expired, that is the time.

So I am in PST zone, I clicked on Daylight Savings check in 'profile'. Then I logged off and logged back on. The time is fine.

So pls make sure you are not thinking it is the current time, which it is not supposed to be.

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
My time is fine - I'm GMT with day light savings on :D:D:D

Hmm...then I propose to simplify things specifically for me, and me only, that we move GMT to the West Coast of America! :lol:

Mucho Gracias..

PS: in Rich's 6:47 post I am reading it as 7:47. Like I mentioned in the other...these forum softwares can never seem to get this time thing to work correctly, it's been that way for years.

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
PS: in Rich's 6:47 post I am reading it as 7:47. Like I mentioned in the other...these forum softwares can never seem to get this time thing to work correctly, it's been that way for years.

I hear you pumpkin brother. I think the time zone complexity was specifically invented to waster programmers (and users) time 8O

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
I cannot see a problem with my setting here. I am in PST zone (West Coast) and have selected PST and daylight savings. A test post I just did showed proper time.

TRENDING THREADS