Question Time/Date Corrupt at boot stage, then shutdown --- CMOS battery ?

Grem41

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2011
My laptop is Packard Bell EasyNote F7280 circa 2004-2007 so ancient, as is the CMOS battery VARTA CR2032
On power up enter Bios, almost immediately shutdown occurs with Brief message (Captured via my phone) about CMOS BATTERY ISSUE as below:
" WARNING Time/Date corrupt Run System Configuration Utility by pressing F2 "​

Screen Error

After researching online think I need to replace CMOS battery see photos of connected battery but MUST be careful as different connector to same battery exist

This is the one I’m thinking might match the motherboard socket see link

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373976069808?hash=item5712b5f6b0:g:RecAAOSwBnFiKJzg&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA8LQauYkcqbIhmhtSo%2Bg7cM6WQG56eEBPfScTxNTs4UMmW5PKGbRbNBV4STfxr%2Bw3i7252Rva0K%2B31twAmdn3qAGmAG2%2FIHyldxb2YSajaqvYyulEkERytMHsRaFdOlxLWExIXVarZduYCdA6w4slAMKMORMxEdnwUpQwBKBMVY3pYLGKCKOuMwxQpnraJCje8mG1Y85nnvnWUj1fuY9hLt7O4AxyaZplsRIhMRw9ovNPCLjuQ4UGfSJWQbUnu%2B6GaNJQe5KwOCg6kxKUy8rHxdtgCLzqSeTtdRZNGFfWOrfiDW9BU4abu5Vke%2BTh%2BBRSxg%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABFBM9NiOvelh

Or

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ComponentWarehouse-CR2032-Compatible-Laptop-Battery-Black/dp/B07JV8LWWV

Is my thinking corect?

Any help further advice would be gratefully received.

Incidentally I plan on installing a lightweight linux distribution of some sort plus PLOP on hard drive SINCE THE BIOS CANNOT BOOT OFF USB, only Floppy and HDD.

Solution
My checking the link is moot, since you will need to open/disassemble the laptop and then look at the connector and the length of the wire. Would be faster if you opened up the laptop.

Lutfij

Titan
Yes, you're in need of a fresh CMOS battery. You should compare the length of the CMOS battery/wire length on your unit and then select the option that corresponds to your laptop's original CMOS battery module. I'm assuming you'll be seeing this;
when you open up your laptop. If so, you purchase the option listed on your Ebay listing linked in your opening post.

Grem41

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2011
Yes, you're in need of a fresh CMOS battery. You should compare the length of the CMOS battery/wire length on your unit and then select the option that corresponds to your laptop's original CMOS battery module. I'm assuming you'll be seeing this;
when you open up your laptop. If so, you purchase the option listed on your Ebay listing linked in your opening post.
Thanks for the confirmation.
Might go with Amazon have stuff to get anyway can you check the link it would be great.

Steve