[SOLVED] Time&Date of Installed Programs doesn't display

psi

Distinguished
May 21, 2013
Recently a weird problem appeared in my Delete Programs - control panel well known function.

All programs "forgot" their time&date of install.

This is weird since function
Code:
sfc /scannow
says system is Ok.

2 columns just don't display anything.
Also Windows "thinks" that all files on USB drive have size 0 Kb, when prompted to delete one.

this is some odd thing so How do I fix it? Thanks for attention.

Solution
D
that stuff is all read from the registry so something wiped it out. did you use and registry cleaners or utilities recently?

psi

Distinguished
May 21, 2013
All I can is to run Windows Defender. I'll look what it does.

The only tricks I know about but haven't applied yet is Dism.exe restorehealth, that command, just a little bit longer. And Windows DVD booting and repair ("your files are not deleted").

psi

Distinguished
May 21, 2013
This took me a while.
Did run sfc /scannow from recovery environment, and Dism from installation USB. The command was
Code:
dism /image:C:\ /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:x:\sources\install.wim:1 /scratchdir:temp
(it's not exact typing from memory).
Data is still missing. Not that it prevents from using the system. Just - strange.

D

Deleted member 14196

that stuff is all read from the registry so something wiped it out. did you use and registry cleaners or utilities recently?

Solution

psi

Distinguished
May 21, 2013
Ouch it's possible, I changed value SilentInstalledAppsEnabled in one branch to 0. Setting it back to 1 didn't work. Though probably I did ran 1 such anti-telementry program, but can't remember.
Thanks for your expert comment.