Time Out settings

My XP users seem to time out after a certain period of time at which they
need to log back in. How can I change that time out setting?
My Win 98 users cannot connect at all. Is this by design? Do I just need
to give them XP as an OS or is there a workaround?

How are these users connected? (at the console, remote desktop, VPN,
etc)?
---
Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Windows Network Technology Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/networking/default.mspx
Windows Home Networking Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communities/wireless.mspx

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 13:13:06 -0800, "lheisey"
<lheisey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My XP users seem to time out after a certain period of time at which they
>need to log back in. How can I change that time out setting?
>My Win 98 users cannot connect at all. Is this by design? Do I just need
>to give them XP as an OS or is there a workaround?

They are connecting via remote desktop.

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:

> How are these users connected? (at the console, remote desktop, VPN,
> etc)?
> ---
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

> Windows Network Technology Community -
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/networking/default.mspx
> Windows Home Networking Community -
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communities/wireless.mspx
>
> On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 13:13:06 -0800, "lheisey"
> <lheisey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >My XP users seem to time out after a certain period of time at which they
> >need to log back in. How can I change that time out setting?
> >My Win 98 users cannot connect at all. Is this by design? Do I just need
> >to give them XP as an OS or is there a workaround?

Have you looked at the Group Policies. Run gpedit.msc and navigate to the Local Computer Policy |
Computer Configuration | Administrative Templates | Windows Components | Terminal Services policies.

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)