Hi All,
Can anyone help me correct this error that is in the event log.
The time provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one or more
time sources, however none of the sources are currently accessible. No
attempt to contact a source will be made for 14 minutes. NtpClient has no
source of accurate time.

--
Cheers

Nightowl

Distinguished
May 17, 2001

indiana wrote on Sat, 6 Aug 2005:

>Hi All,
>Can anyone help me correct this error that is in the event log.
>The time provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one or more
>time sources, however none of the sources are currently accessible. No
>attempt to contact a source will be made for 14 minutes. NtpClient has no
>source of accurate time.

I'd guess the servers are busy. I never had any luck trying to connect
to the default time servers in XP. I'd suggest trying a public free time
server instead. Here's a list of servers around the world:
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/clock2a.html

If you're in the US, look at entry 97 onwards. The servers are listed by
state so you can pick one near you.

Hope this helps.

--
Nightowl