[SOLVED] Time to change CPU cooler? (Corsair H55)

Adam1998

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2015
I currently have an AIO for my CPU which has hit the end of it's warranty of 5 years. I've considered changing it for a new AIO but I'm wondering whether I should actually wait until next year when I may get a new CPU. The cooler is currently functional as ever (apart from a rare occasion where it makes this odd grinding sound until I tap it), but what's the general consensus on situations like this in your eyes? Should I swap now to avoid a breakdown headache or get more milage out of it?

The AIO is: Corsair H55

Solution
If it's working don't mess with it. I've been using an H80i for a good long while. Maybe 2013. The only thing bad about it is that the RGB led is now just red. I would wait till it stops working or you are ready to retire it and upgrade to a new CPU.

Lutfij

Titan
For any cooler to be recommended, we first need to know what you're trying to cool. In fact, it'll also help us gauge if you need an AIO at all. Include your budget and your preferred site for purchase as well as your current specs. That will help us understand what limitations in terms of dimensions you might have(if any).

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Existing AIO is an H55...?

Adam1998

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2015
For any cooler to be recommended, we first need to know what you're trying to cool. In fact, it'll also help us gauge if you need an AIO at all. Include your budget and your preferred site for purchase as well as your current specs. That will help us understand what limitations in terms of dimensions you might have(if any).

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Existing AIO is an H55...?

I'm not really after recommendations yet but I might provide specs later on for a reply when I'm able to. Really, I want to gauge whether it's recommended to swap an AIO after 5 years, currently it works as well as ever but I've not been in this type of situation before.

If it's working don't mess with it. I've been using an H80i for a good long while. Maybe 2013. The only thing bad about it is that the RGB led is now just red. I would wait till it stops working or you are ready to retire it and upgrade to a new CPU.

Solution