Aveazn509

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
CPU: Ryzen 2700x
MB: GIgabyte 450 Pro wifi
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw 8 gb x 2
GPU:1070 TI FTW2
PSU:6 year old Corsair CX 760M

Recently my computer keeps restarting by itself when it is too idle and if I leave it alone for two restart cycles, it causes the CPU and RAM LED lights to switch back and forth. I found out through Ryzen Master that my EDC is always in the red even while idling.

However, if I run a game like Satisfactory, it does not restart and I don't run into any trouble. I'm thinking this is due to my GPU using the extra voltage? This has also led to PSU coil whine for the first time. Please advice, outside of keeping a game up at all times, I have no other solution. I tried everything I could google and reseated everything.

Most of the time when a system restart or shutdown by itself it is the PSU, overheating, GPU issue. The PSU is most likely to be your problem here. You should replace that PSU with a good brand and model from corsair RMx, RM, TXm, CX or a Seasonic Focus Gold.

If you change the PSU and the issue is still there than I would look at your GPU by testing it in another system.

What are your temperatures on the CPU and GPU at IDLE and LOAD?

Aveazn509

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
Corsair CX750M or AX760 ?
Restarts in idle also very unlikely to be PSU issue, try to lower RAM frequency.

Sorry CX750M. I'll look into the Ram Frequency after I get a new PSU. The RAM has been running fine for the past year, everything started after the last Window 10 update...I feel like.

Aveazn509

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
I had the old one and just got the New CX750M because it was the only one they had in store. It still restarted so I rolled back the new 2004 update and no issue yet.