[SOLVED] Timings for Patriot Viper Steel 16GB 4400Mhz with Ryzen 5600x

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
Hi,

I am upgrading my processor and Ram being the Viper Steel 4400Mhz rated duel channel memory. I was wondering with the new 5600x what timings I should shoot for as lots of differing opinions online and a lot of talk of infinity fabric 1:1 allowing for tighter timings?

Heard some people have got 3800Mhz on CL 14 with this kit? Or you think this is BS? or Silicone lottery?

Does anyone have this memory kit and tell me what timings they have achieved or should I just experiment with it when it comes?

Thanks alot.

Solution
3800Mhz CL14? Possible, but unlikely. It also depends on what size kit it is, what size EACH stick is, and how many DIMMs make up the kit. G.Skill is the only company I know of that even HAS any 3800mhz CL14 kits, and those are limited to only three kits they make.

Unless you are a pure hobbyist when it comes to tuning systems, I'd recommend that you either simply run it at the A-XMP profile configuration, IF it is a kit that is validated for the motherboard model you have, or if it won't run at that configuration then I'd simply set the speed and DRAM voltage and then either leave the timings on auto or use the Ryzen calculator.

I personally don't see there being all that much benefit with Ryzen once you go past 3733mhz, but, I have...

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
I mean, it's a gamble. My experience tells me there's a good chance that they'll work, but it's not guaranteed and thus I can't in good conscience tell you it's fine for you to take the chance. It's your choice.

I am not going to risk it. will get B550 Aorus Pro AC will use old ram for now and just put current MOBO in the PC I'm going to sell while the market is so expensive. Should be able to squeeze more performance out of the memory with that board too hopefully with no memtest86 errors.