Ting Expands Service To Provide Gigabit Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything that expands gigabit Internet is great in my book! It's encouraging to see more & more competition to the incumbent behemoths. I can only hope it spurs them on to further fiber deployment and, more importantly, more plans with lower prices & less data caps.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Anything that expands gigabit Internet is great in my book! It's encouraging to see more & more competition to the incumbent behemoths. I can only hope it spurs them on to further fiber deployment and, more importantly, more plans with lower prices & less data caps.
It is encouraging but I'm going to put on my pessimist hat and say that the incumbents (Comcast, AT&T, Verizon) are going to find some way to put the kibosh on this, probably by whining to elected officials.
What we really need is local loop unbundling, something that Title II classification for ISP's (the classification they should have already been under) would bring.

Zaranthos

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2014
Down/Up Cost
Blue 25/5 $59.95
Orange 50/10 $99.95
Green 75/20 $189.95
Brown 100/50 $499.95

I didn't see anything that said annual. I'm pretty sure those are monthly fees. Those prices don't surprise me as monthly either for fiber which isn't available everywhere. If you wanted cheap internet you'd probably be looking at DSL or cable, not fiber.

Lynne R

Reputable
Dec 19, 2014
LUS Fiber customers do not have to wait months to get their Internet service! And they were tied for fastest home Internet in the world- which is awesome!

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I am glad for the FCC changes, it looks like many new players are able to enter the ISP market recently. Now with a change in the regional ISP services, we can start to see nationwide networks.

Status
Not open for further replies.