Tiny mouse pointer in games apps

sher4gul

Commendable
Aug 13, 2018
This applies to a pc, Windows 10. OS Build 17134.165. This pc was purchased back in January or February 2018 to replace a Windows 7 pc whose graphic card died, after which I was no longer able to play the 100+ games I had. I have had the issues described below since purchasing this new Windows 10 pc and downloading several of the games I had in the Windows 7 pc.
As pertains to the Big Fish games apps only, many of my games have very tiny mouse pointers that are barely visible. Scaling&Layout is set to the recommended 300%. Resolution is set to the recommended 3840x2160. There are many games that I have that do not have this problem in my new pc.
Also, there are some games that download in the upper left-hand side of the screen at a reduced size.
There is no Compatibility tab in Properties on my computer. I wanted to try to open a game in compatibility mode for maybe Service Pack 2 or 3, thinking that might help.
This morning I was able to successfully play an online version of a downloaded game I have with tiny pointer issues. The online version had a regular sized pointer.
Thank you in advance for any reply

Solution
If those are Windows 7 games It could be related to the high resolution of the display, which might not be compatible with old games.
You might need to either use a lower resolution when playing those old games or play them windowed.
If those are Windows 7 games It could be related to the high resolution of the display, which might not be compatible with old games.
You might need to either use a lower resolution when playing those old games or play them windowed.

Solution

sher4gul

Commendable
Aug 13, 2018

sher4gul

Commendable
Aug 13, 2018
Thank you jojesa.
I lowered the resolution (picked at random # 1920x1080) which enlarged the mouse pointer, but other things are now too large!
Is there a per app fix for just the games I have issues with?

sher4gul

Commendable
Aug 13, 2018
Thank you again, jojesa. You have been most helpful in finding an answer to my problem. I can certainly live with using the lower resolution setting!