Question Tiny scratch/mark on monitor driving me mad

Ozar

Honorable
Jun 30, 2014
I got a new monitor which is ex display model from a PC Shop. Just wondering how I can get this hair/scratch/no clue!? Also the other circle is like a weird line very small but I keep noticing it. I know it’s really picky but for some reason it’s driving me mad.
ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278QR

I’ve tried a really soft micro fibre cloth. Rubber. But apparently you can use moisturiser lol

View: https://imgur.com/a/WUhJkEc

View: https://imgur.com/WsGXcfg
<- SCREEN OFF

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Stores that sell display models at a discount often exclude "returns" for cosmetic reasons. You may be stuck with the monitor.

Did you get a discount for purchasing a display model?

How much did you save?

Actually, the money saved may not be not relevant.

If you like the monitor overall and if it is working well - stick with it

To me, those are minor flaws and may even "disappear" with some minor video card configuration changes.

Experiment accordingly.

Overtime you will either care less about the defects and/or not even notice them anymore.

And be wary of any "Internet fixes" such as moisturizer.....

That all said, if you still know that the defect will always be "driving you mad" then return the monitor - if possible.

Reactions: Ozar

Ozar

Honorable
Jun 30, 2014
Stores that sell display models at a discount often exclude "returns" for cosmetic reasons. You may be stuck with the monitor.

Did you get a discount for purchasing a display model?

How much did you save?

Actually, the money saved may not be not relevant.

If you like the monitor overall and if it is working well - stick with it

To me, those are minor flaws and may even "disappear" with some minor video card configuration changes.

Experiment accordingly.

Overtime you will either care less about the defects and/or not even notice them anymore.

And be wary of any "Internet fixes" such as moisturizer.....

That all said, if you still know that the defect will always be "driving you mad" then return the monitor - if possible.
Thanks for the reply, and no this is the only monitor and I would rather now return it as I got a £140 discount from it’s normal price. What exactly are those little marks and is there anything I can do to fix?

Ozar

Honorable
Jun 30, 2014
£140 discount for such minor scratches is pretty good deal.

But if this is impacting your mental state, then sure - return it. :)
Here's a clearer picture:
Screen OFF

Original post is with screen on

The ebay auction PC Shop have told me i can return it, however they dont have any to replace so i would have to refund it and purchase one full price from another site.

Ozar

Honorable
Jun 30, 2014
Totally your decision and, seconding @SkyNetRising, if the scratches truly bother you - then return.

However, do consider that if you can learn to accept the scratches then: 1) you saved money, and 2) you have earned your own little victory over what you can tolerate.
Yeah true, im thinking if i was to refund i might get the IPS Version 4ms (money addon isnt an issue) but will the 4ms be a big let down over picking the TN 1MS