Tips for someone changing basically the whole system.

mielke44

Prominent
Jul 11, 2018
Hello all!
This year I decided to pump my PC a little bit, my current setup has:
- Corsair 500W font
- A intel MB (i cant remember the specs for it)
- Intel i7 3770 3.4 GHz
- Nvidia GTX 750 Ti 1Gb
- 8Gb RAM DDR3 1600MHz
- 1Tb storage
But this is starting to become obsolete, so I bought almost everything to make a better version of this PC.
New pieces:
- New MB: ASUS H110m-k DDR4 (fits the new processor)
- Intel i5 6600K 3.* Ghz (cant remember the last number)
- 8GB DDR4 2133MHz Adata XPG
The rest is till going to be same (for now)
So I got confirmation that all these pieces are *compatible* to each other in the way that they fit the sockets and version is accepted, but does this bottleneck my PC somehow?
(I think the most high chance of bottleneck would be by my GPU, cause it's the "worst" between all new components)
I'm going to build this pc next week, going to clean install my win10 and format my HDD, any tips for someone who never changed his MB before?

I would look into investing in an SSD if you can afford it. Something like a 240 GB Kingston A400 SSD will do A LOT for your system, as the bottleneck in loading/boot speeds would be your HDD more than anything else. Also, the 6600K IS compatible with the H110m board, just note that you wouldn't be doing any overclocking with it, so I'm kind of curious as to why you didn't go with the non-k model, such as the 6500. To answer your question though, yes, the 750 Ti most definitely is your bottleneck as of now. A 1 GB Frame buffer will EASILY get slaughtered in today's gaming ecosystem. I would look into upgrading to a GTX 1060 6 GB if possible.

mielke44

Prominent
Jul 11, 2018

Problem is the budget, can't afford the newer series.

mielke44

Prominent
Jul 11, 2018

Since i live in Brazil, consider that it is not the same to buy CPU and PC parts in here than in US, but I have around U$200.00