Tips on building a Mass Blu Ray Burner Tower

NicoIba

Reputable
Nov 12, 2015
Hello,

I am a content creator, and I plan on mass producing Blu Ray discs of my content. I plan on building a tower with nine bay drives, each with a BD-XL drive. But that is about how much I know.

I plan on burning 4K content eventually, and I want to know if there are any BD-XL drives and consumer authoring software that burns 4K content yet. If not, I can hold this project back and have my workstation handle these burns. Just a lot slower. Finally, I have zero knowledge on how to create a computer designed merely for burning Blu Rays. How powerful of a CPU do I need? Do I need a ton of SSD or HDD memory? Do I need a large quantity (12 GB+) of RAM? Do I need a GPU? Can have it connected to my workstation and burned from there to the burner tower or if it has to be a completely separate computer?

Thanks

Solution
All Blu-Ray burners can burn 4k content in H.264, it's just that triple or quad layer XL discs are needed to get reasonable length videos onto them, which of course requires XL compatible players.

Note that this is not the same as Ultra HD Blu-ray which encodes in H.265. That one for now can only be played back on standalone Ultra HD Blu-Ray players, or Skylake or Coffee Lake PCs running on the IGP.

I expect most people would just burn a master and then mass duplicate it on one of those inexpensive standalone commodity duplicators like this 9 burner one. You'd have to pay a little more to get one with a USB 3.0 port but that could then be used as a regular external Blu-Ray BDXL burner for a PC as well.

Burning Blu-Ray...
All Blu-Ray burners can burn 4k content in H.264, it's just that triple or quad layer XL discs are needed to get reasonable length videos onto them, which of course requires XL compatible players.

Note that this is not the same as Ultra HD Blu-ray which encodes in H.265. That one for now can only be played back on standalone Ultra HD Blu-Ray players, or Skylake or Coffee Lake PCs running on the IGP.

I expect most people would just burn a master and then mass duplicate it on one of those inexpensive standalone commodity duplicators like this 9 burner one. You'd have to pay a little more to get one with a USB 3.0 port but that could then be used as a regular external Blu-Ray BDXL burner for a PC as well.

Burning Blu-Ray doesn't require much of a PC at all. It's editing them and then encoding them afterwards that do.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS