[SOLVED] Tips & Tricks for new Build on Windows 7 OS

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2016
Hello,

I am planning to upgrade my old PC cause my CPU can't handle any more of the high workload (i7-4790 on AsRock H97 Mobo Pro4).
I am still thinking weather to go Intel 10900KF (or similar), or AMD 5900X with it's appropriate Motherboards, RAM's, etc.

However, i have zero intention of working on Windows 10 for various (currently not important to mention) reasons.
How much of a trouble would be to install the Windows 7 OS on the current CPU's? Is the main problem the USB recognition, mouse/keyboard recognition or there is more trouble to confront?
I am aware of all potential security and other risks.

All Tips and tricks are welcome,
Thanks.

Solution
Hello,

I am planning to upgrade my old PC cause my CPU can't handle any more of the high workload (i7-4790 on AsRock H97 Mobo Pro4).
I am still thinking weather to go Intel 10900KF (or similar), or AMD 5900X with it's appropriate Motherboards, RAM's, etc.

However, i have zero intention of working on Windows 10 for various (currently not important to mention) reasons.
How much of a trouble would be to install the Windows 7 OS on the current CPU's? Is the main problem the USB recognition, mouse/keyboard recognition or there is more trouble to confront?

Thanks.
Can be quite difficult. If the motherboard manufacturer doesn't make drivers for...

kanewolf

Titan
Hello,

Thanks.
Can be quite difficult. If the motherboard manufacturer doesn't make drivers for Windows 7 available, then you are on your own. Maybe you can find drivers, maybe not. I would pick parts which match a tutorial you can find that shows success. New motherboards are not designed with Windows 7 compatibility. So if you buy a motherboard with 2.5Gb ethernet, for example, you may not have a compatible driver. Bad choice of hardware for your desired purpose.

Solution

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2016
Can be quite difficult. If the motherboard manufacturer doesn't make drivers for Windows 7 available, then you are on your own. Maybe you can find drivers, maybe not. I would pick parts which match a tutorial you can find that shows success. New motherboards are not designed with Windows 7 compatibility. So if you buy a motherboard with 2.5Gb ethernet, for example, you may not have a compatible driver. Bad choice of hardware for your desired purpose.

Thanks for the info kanewolf.

Yeah i know how challenging this can be.
Well, the i7-6950X is officially, i think, the latest fully compatible CPU for Windows 7 and probably now hard to get.
While comparing the stats/price of that CPU with the new ones is a no-brainer.
So yeah, bad choice of hardware, but are there any alternatives really :/

kanewolf

Titan
Thanks for the info kanewolf.

Yeah i know how challenging this can be.
Well, the i7-6950X is officially, i think, the latest fully compatible CPU for Windows 7 and probably now hard to get.
While comparing the stats/price of that CPU with the new ones is a no-brainer.
So yeah, bad choice of hardware, but are there any alternatives really :/
Accept that Windows 7 is dead and move on with your life.
My point was, that if you believe you MUST use Windows 7, then buy exactly the hardware that someone else has successfully used and has posted the formula like this -- View: https://www.reddit.com/r/windows7/comments/ic2t63/10600k_z490_using_win_7/

I am curious, what are your unimportant reasons reasons for bypassing win 10 ?
I hate the interface on 10, but that can be handled with a free app called windows classic shell.
I hate the intrusiveness which is there by default, but most can be turned off.

Modern motherboards do not have drivers for any os other than win 10 64 bit.
I think that will be the most obvious issue.