Question Titan Ridge Thunderbolt card not working on ASUS X299 A-II mobo ?

curry36

Prominent
Jun 18, 2020
Hi folks,

I am trying to get my GC-Titan Ridge rev 1 to run on my ASUS X299 A-II mobo. The driver on Windows won't finish installation process and Device Manager doesn't show any life signs. I also tried finding at least the card being listed under OSX, but no signs at all.

I am 99% sure that I did connect everything correctly. I also tried different PCIE lanes (2 and 3). Of course with the corresponding BIOS settings. Without success.

Any ideas? Broken card or have I overlooked something?

Here is the IOReg file of my system created on OSX (it's not an Apple machine).
https://www.file-upload.net/download-14723922/iMacPro.ioreg.html

Hope anybody can help me out with this. Gigabyte support says that they cannot test the card on that Mainboard and that I should test it at a friends place with a Gigabyte board. Very helpful.

curry36

Prominent
Jun 18, 2020
I've called ASUS and they told me that their boards should be able to read every PICE card out there. I've also seen a few builds with the Titan Ridge and other X299 boards from ASUS, which are the same model series and share the same BIOS, just variation in some specs.

Besides that, my card isn't even read by the BIOS/MB. Even if I wouldn't connect the card to the TB pin on the MB, I whould still be able to see in my BIOS, that a PCIE slot has been occupied, right?

Here is how it looks in my BIOS atm. Card should be at PCIEX16_2.

TRENDING THREADS