Titan X Maxwell

insty

Prominent
Sep 19, 2017
So im running 3 monitors on a single Titan X Maxwell and the normal temp is around 45°C.
When im playing any game it spikes to 80°C within a heartbeat. Is this normal?

I've made a very steep curve on the fan settings on MSI Afterburner and it sounds like a jet engine and the temp goes from 80 to 63-74°C. (To be more exact: 63-74°C depends on the game)

Solution
Yes, the throttle point is likely set at 83C. Max temp is going to be 95C-105C before thermal shutdown.

GPUs are supposed to get warm, means they are doing their job. And they are often balanced for temperature/noise.

What you should be interested in is the current clock speed at that temperature. If it is low compared to the maximum, then you want to ramp the fan speed up a little, but not to the maximum unless you don't mind the noise.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, the throttle point is likely set at 83C. Max temp is going to be 95C-105C before thermal shutdown.

GPUs are supposed to get warm, means they are doing their job. And they are often balanced for temperature/noise.

What you should be interested in is the current clock speed at that temperature. If it is low compared to the maximum, then you want to ramp the fan speed up a little, but not to the maximum unless you don't mind the noise.

Solution
May 11, 2019
Those temps are normal i have a evga titan x sc Maxwell and my temps do the same thing. i just run the card at 60%-65% fan speed through msi after burner and it keeps temps at high 60s mid 70s while gaming wich is fine. It is a bit loud but its to be expected with a blower syle card. There are pretty cheap aio water cooling solutions for this card with a bracket that nzxt and Corsair make. And with a decent compatible aio, temperatures can be in the 50s while gaming. But if your ok with the sound and your not doing a crazy over clock id just stick with stock cooler. And it s cool because it says TITAN lol. 👍