Titan X Water Block Preorders Open, EKWB Pledges To Ship Mid-August

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really looking forward to benchmarks of water cooled Titans. If the stock clocks are so low only because of temperatures, then this will be a truly amazing card.
I guess most gamers who buy a Titan X will watercool it.

BartG

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
WIFIBURGER, that makes no sense... why look at a top end $1200 card and then say you dont care about top end performance. Thats like buying a Mclaren P1, and telling the engineers to remove that noisy engine, ill run it on E power only thanks...

Back to topic, SICK card, especially on water cooling, envy points 10/10.

I'm assuming WIFIburger is being sarcastic. There will not be a mobile version of this GPU. If you are just talking about performance then there may be a mobile GPU capable of this level of performance in the next generation, more like 2 generations from now, and it is unlikely to be "quiet" for 2 or 3 until generations after that, at which point it's woefully inadequate for "modern" gaming.

Back to the article. There is supposedly not a lot of motivation for institutions to pick this up as this particular model is crippled for high power compute purposes. nV saw how the last titan leeched sales of their compute GPUs and retooled this one to emphasize gaming tasks rather than what you would see elsewhere. All this to sell more P100s at much loftier prices.

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
Thanks Tom's Hardware! I just pre-ordered the water block for my Pascal Titan X, which by the way arrives later today via FEDEX...W00T! The only sad news is that EKWB does not yet have a back plate and also provide a warning when you purchase the water block that the stock back plate is not compatible with it. You might be able to get some M6 or M8 metric screws from your local hardware store that will help make the stock back plate 'fit' like I did with my stock EVGA GTX980Ti SC+ back plates when I watercooled them. Regardless, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up if you so chose to go watercooling and buy the EKWB water block ;-)

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
Also, I've been seeing minimum overclocks with the stock crap blower cooler in the mid-1800Mhz range. JayZ was able to get his up to 2050Mhz by manually setting the fan profile using a software tool. Soooooo, that means watercooling will fair much better in both sound levels (no jet engines taking off on your desktop), AND higher/more stable overclocks!

Michael_381

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016
My Titan x Pascal oced to 2050 as well just got my water block and with some quick tweaks hit 2100 stable @ 36c.

Status
Not open for further replies.