[SOLVED] Titan Xp or 2080 super for gaming only

Andyus86

Honorable
Mar 29, 2015
Hello guys, i''m in a trouble: i've a titan XP but i'm really curious if it's "worth today" to keep it or get a 2080 super (700 euro Rog STRIX used in my country) and sell my titan xp. May i ask what you guys thinks about it? Is there a huge perfomance gap? Thanks in advance

They are pretty evenly matched but the Titan Xp has 50% more VRAM. When I play Horizon Zero Dawn, at max settings, I see almost 9.5GBs of VRAM used (not allocated).
Although the 2080 Super does ray tracing, it's not powerful enough to use RT with high settings and anything above 1080p (with AAA titles).

Bazzy 505

Respectable
Jul 17, 2021
The situation most of these titan 2014-2016 cards is the same. It's still worth keeping if you already have them. they perform well enough if youdon't mind the power draw. Selling it now won't get you much mulah, and buying one isn't a great idea either. Chief reason being all titans running very hot, and all those caps and vrms are pretty much at the end of their projected life span, which is reduced as operation temperatures go up.