'Titanfall 2' Hands-On At E3: Move Faster, Hit Harder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tron_knows

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016
You mean the Smart Pistol for Dumb Players. I didn't see it in the Multiplayer video, but I heard they still have it. It DOES everything for you (it finds and locks on minions, pilots, grenades, satchels, etc.) and it does not take skills to use it. That's why they have it for noob players, but they really need to limit that stupid gun. It's like a legal aimbot cheat, that's why a lot of people despise TF.

I think the auto-aim pistol is one of the things that make the game more inclusive than other shooters. It's slow to lock and has limited range. It gives beginners a fun experience because if another players isn't paying attention, they can get a player kill. They can also take out multiple grunts pretty easily with it. The other guns don't require a delay for locking on and have better range (exception: shotgun does not have good range).

Personally, I didn't like using the auto-aim pistol once I became accustomed to the game mechanics because if you're using the auto-aim pistol and going against a player with experience who has any gun other than the auto-aim pistol in a firefight (where both players are aware of each other's presence), the guy with the other gun is going to win.

I think another thing that keeps this game fun for beginners is the AI enemies. Even if you aren't great at shooters or you just started playing, you can contribute to your team (in most game modes) by taking out the AI guys.

These are two things that make this game pretty inclusive and I really don't feel like they take away from the game play for experienced players.

taurine

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
Not getting burned by these guys again. Titanfalls previews and all that looked sexy as hell and I pre-ordered it and got the season pass. Zero content and hardly any progression at all. 2 months after release, servers were dead, found out all of their paid content, were just map packs, no new weapons or titans and on top of that they make it all free after lots of people paid for it. Might get it 2-3 months after release if people are still playing it.

wifiburger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016
meh boring, they should of made it light RPG with classes / abilities open world, missions etc,
like destiny but no magic stuff and not like Division,
Till then I'll play more Destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.